Image found on Google, originally from here.
I think RTA grads are the coolest- hands down. Any other school that says otherwise is COMPLETELY wrong.
So today, I spent the day at Set Scouter, after answering a call from another RTA grad named Reuben. Set Scouter is a cool company started by two RTA grads, Lidia and Alex. The company aims to help filmmakers in finding sets for their next project by offering a simple platform for them to view properties from (pretty much) around the world.
While I was working in their office, I was thinking of a post to write, and I guess a break-down list of my time there would be the easiest one.
- Co-founder Alex looks like Prince William
- Everyone’s super friendly
- After learning what I needed to do for the day from Reuben, I deemed Set Scouter as awesome and the “Air Bnb of Film Sets”
- Some of the sites are BEAUTIFUL
- OSAP won’t be enough to pay for a day for some of these sets
- While everyone is lively in the office, it gets eerily quiet when everyone’s working– it’s a weird thing for me, a fast food worker and someone in the front lines of customers, to have SO MUCH peace and quiet. It was refreshing.
- From what I’ve been told about Set Scouter by Alex, Reuben, Lidia, and what I gathered from my research before I went in, it’s come a long way and RTA really has some of the best minds out there.
I guess you can tell I enjoyed the peace and quiet at a job for the day (for the first time ever, I’m still reeling from it), huh? Just as a side note, this isn’t a post to sponsor them, I’m just documenting my experience at another one of my summer ops/internships whatever you wanna call it.